Mount Agung or Gunung Agung is Bali’s highest and holiest mountain as it is believed as the home of the God. It located in Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia. Mount Agung Bali stands 3,142 meters above sea level, can be summitted by physically fit hikers about 3 to 4 hours from Pasar Agung Temple starting point and 5 to 7 hours from Besakih Temple starting point.
Mount Agung Hiking Itinerary:
- 11.30 – 12.00 PM: pick up at your hotel, depend on where are you stay in Bali.
- 01:45 AM: Arrival at Pasar Agung Temple starting point.
- 01:45 AM: Begin our trek to the summit and sunrise point.
- 06:00 AM: Arrival at the summit, where we witness the spectacular view and sunrise.
- 07:30 AM: Begin our descent to finishing point of our trek.
- 11:00 AM: Arrival at starting point and boarding car.
- 01:00 PM: Return arrival at your hotel.
- Pick up and return to your hotel by private air conditioned car.
- Experiences private local guides English speaking.
- Entrance Fee to Karangasem Area.
- Drinking water, Coffee or tea & Breakfast.
- Walking Stick & Headlamp.
What Should You Bring:
- Hiking Boots, Long pant & Warm Jacket
- Backpack & Camera
Pick Up Time:
- Ubud : 11:40 PM Sanur : 12:00 PM
- Kuta : 11:40 PM Nusa Dua : 11:40 PM
- Legian: 11:40 PM Seminyak: 11:40 PM
- Activity Level: High to Extreme.
- Hiking Duration: 8 hours (up & down).
- Temperature: 6 – 12° Celsius (At the summit).
- Women are not allowed to climb up the Volcano during their menstruation period.
- Bring only what you need, the rest leave them in your hotel.
- Some cash for tipping the guide and driver is recommended.
(Minimum 2 person)